Monday, November 13, 2017

Zero oil Moong Beans Sprouts Subji



Zero oil Moong Beans Sprouts Subji. Yes zero oil. I have been eating sprouts subji this way for as far as I can remember. I am a huge sucker of sprouts, any lentil or legumes I love sprouting them. I used to buy a box of sprouts from supermarket but now I grow sprouts myself and I am very proud of it J I have a detailed post on How To Grow Sprouts already, do check it out.

Coming to today’s post, it is a peaceful dish. Yes peaceful because it is very plain, simple and uncomplicated recipe. Not overloaded with oil or spices-just good old way of simple food. Sprouts are very good for health, and are rich in many nutrients like vitamin A, K and E; great source of antioxidants and fibre too. Whenever I eat such healthy things I try not to lose its nutrients and stick to simple cooking. So that’s why easy peasy Zero oil Mung Beans Sprouts Subji.

More sprouts recipes:


Ingredients:
1 cup green moong sprouts
1 tomato
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups water
Salt to taste

Method:
Heat a pressure cooker. Add in chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix.
Add in sprouts and water.
Cover and cook till pressure cooker blows one whistle.
Once the pressure is released, mix in lemon juice.
Serve hot.


Notes:
You can add or reduce water based on what consistency you like the curry to be.
If you like it spicy, add more red chilli powder.
Again, it is a very simple recipe, so pair it with phulka or chapatti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)